In part III of my short posts on the Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo transmissions are details of what was given from 15th until 17th January; deity empowerments from the revealed terma (mind treasure) Luminous Heart Essence of Three Roots. Even though some of these texts are available online, it is only permissible to read, practise them etc. with the requisite empowerment and instruction from a fully qualified lineage master.
- The empowerment for the inner accomplishment, the sambhogakaya, Chenrezig (red form of the deity in union), the Lotus Net (thugs rje chen po padma dra ba). The daily sadhana for this in the Luminous Heart Essence can be read in Tibetan here.
- The empowerment for the secret accomplishment, the dharmakaya, Amitabha, the sadhana Luminous Net (‘od gsal dra ba).
- The empowerment for the most secret accomplishment, the Wrathful Guru (bla ma drag po), the Great Red One, Embodiment of the Realisation of all Yidams. The daily sadhana for this empowerment in the Luminous Heart Essence can be read in Tibetan here.
- The empowerment of a wrathful form of Manjushri, the one that overcomes Lord of Death, Red Yamantaka.
- Blessings of the ripening of Lotus Peech, Hayagriva, Assembly of the Deathless and Mighty Ones.
- Empowerment of Vajra Mind, Vajra Vidarana, the Diamond Subjugator. The daily sadhana for this empowerment in the Luminous Heart Essence can be read in Tibetan here.
An extensive and exquisitely performed cleansing ritual for clearing away degeneration and obscurations, that cleans and protects, was then performed by Schechen Rabjam Rinpoche.
- The empowerment of Vajrakilaya and Yangdak Heruka combined sadhana. The combined sadhana of ‘blood-drinkers’ (Herukas).
- The Kilaya empowerment of ‘higher’ enlightened activity, and the ‘lower’ activity of liberating from enemies and hindrances.
- The appendix empowerment of Kilaya. The accomplishment of the Combined Assembly of Kilayas.
Reading transmission whole day.
- the ripening empowerment of the daily sadhana of White Vārāhī, Illuminating Primordial Awareness. The Tibetan text for this can be seen here (phag dkar ye shes gsal byed kyi smin byed cho ga byin rlabs snang ba’i rgyan) and was written down by Jamgon Kongtrul Lodro Thaye, and
- the long life empowerment of the Great Bliss White Vajravārāhī, which was written down by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.